Artificial grass makes sense because you’ll save money on your water bill as well and spend less time and money on lawn maintenance. There are seven steps to artificial grass installation:
7 Steps to Artificial Grass Installation
So you have decided to take the plunge and invest in installing artificial grass. You have decided it’s not worth the time and money to keep a natural lawn healthy and want to save water, and protect yourself from expensive water penalties.
Yet, did you know that there is a process to laying down artificial grass? We at Apco Synthetic Grass need to go through a specific process when carrying out your artificial grass installation whether it be for a lawn, coffee shop or sports field.
1. Site Prep: Apco Synthetic Grass will remove and arrange for haul away of your natural grass/dirt, as well as any other unwanted landscaped beds, and/or unwanted hardscapes prior to your artificial grass installation.
2. Weed Barrier: We will then lay fabric lining/landscape weed barrier over the the cleared area to enable water to drip down into the soil vertically and horizontally. The weed barrier will also prevent your native soil from mixing in with the aggregate. The weed barrier will also prevent any weeds, undesired or old grass from growing back, as well as prevent rodents and insects from tunneling through your new artificial grass lawn.
3. Aggregate Base Foundation: At this point, our team will install a 3-inch to 6-inch layer of aggregate base/decomposed granite placed over the weed barrier to keep your artificial grass level and provide a solid foundation below the turf. This aggregate base will help your artificial grass to handle a lot of foot traffic, provide for good drainage without as well as to bare up under any extra weight as well as to protect it from weather extremes.
4. Artificial Grass prep: They will then order the right cut sizes to fit the different areas to minimise extra unneeded seems. Then it will be the artificial grass is delivered to your home in rolls. Before installing your artificial grass, our team will unroll the artificial grass and fluff it up.
5. Laying out the synthetic grass: Our expert team will lay out your synthetic lawn and then attach it using staples, nails and glue as needed. They will pay special attention to all of the edges to make sure they install the artificial grass correctly and make sure no seam lines are visible. And they’ll check to make sure there are no bubbles in your new lawn.
6. Adding infill: We will then add an infill made out of 1) Antimicrobial Sand Infill, 2) Natural Sand, and/or 3) Pet Deodoriser. The infill keeps your new grass blades standing up; helps the fake grass last longer and keeps its surface cooler. It also can help to protect the turf from urine, liquids and mildew.
To learn more and get your free in-house consultation, call us at (01) 626-3496 or fill out our contact form. You can also request a free quote today to learn how much your next project might cost.